About the Role:
The Study Coach is responsible for the academic support of students enrolled in a new Transition Program Online which is designed and delivered by OpenLearning.
There are two roles available:
- Study Coach - Commerce
- Study Coach - Design
This role plays an important role in the establishment and deliver of this new partnership through:
- Effective onboarding of students.
- Effective engagement of students in stand-ups, learning activities, and 1:1 contact points.
- Monitoring student engagement and progression.
- Supporting Teachers in the delivery of the program in line with the specified learning outcomes.
- Contributing to a culture of innovation, collaboration, and continuous improvement across the student lifecycle.
- Ensuring compliance with all policies and procedures.
They will work collaboratively as part of the broader OpenLearning Team to deliver a market-leading global online program.
Key accountabilities include:
- Learning support and student engagement
- Policy and procedure compliance
- Reporting and administration
The successful candidate will have:
- A valid Working with Children Check
- A recognised degree (or higher) relevant to the program/stream being taught
- Recent experience as a University student; or,
- Demonstrated experience in a relevant industry; or,
- Experience as a senior secondary, VET College, ELICOS provider, or University ESL/EFL teaching experience; or,
- Relevant teaching experience, including breadth of experience in delivering to students from non-English speaking backgrounds if they do not hold a formal qualification in the delivery of education.
- Demonstrated awareness of social constructivist pedagogy and online learning best practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to coach and develop others
This role is ordinarily based in our Sydney office (conveniently located near Central Station), but we are currently working from home.
Have any questions?
If you have any questions about the role, or would like a copy of the position description, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.