Join our engineering team and build next generation learning technologies.
Join the OpenLearning team
We’re empowering over a million students worldwide through higher quality education.
Our Vision / Mission
OpenLearning exists to increase access to higher quality education to improve the lives of people around the world.
Our mission is to be the number one lifelong learning platform in Australia and Malaysia.
OpenLearning is a cloud-hosted, lifelong learning platform that enables educators to deliver effective, enjoyable and transformative online courses to learners. With over 1.65 million learners and 8,900 courses across 165 countries, OpenLearning is considered an Australian innovation and technology success story.
The OpenLearning team is made up of 42 full-time employees across its two offices in Sydney and Kuala Lumpur, as well as a global Customer Success Team.
Our success is driven by a committed team of people across multiple disciplines; all with a shared passion for education.
Be part of a growing company where your contributions go a long way in empowering educators and learners worldwide.
Want to know what it’s like working at OpenLearning?
We thought it best for a couple of our team members to answer this question for you:
“I love working at OpenLearning because it feels great to know that the work that I do will bring about a positive impact to our fantastic community of users. I also get to work with a diverse, talented and awesome team that make every day at OpenLearning really exciting and fun. I’ve worked in many companies around the world and OpenLearning is by far the best place I’ve ever worked at!” – Danny (Team member for 5 years)
“I love the team focus at OpenLearning. It’s not about your job versus my job – it’s more about what we can achieve together. Everyone is keen to share their knowledge, help each other out, and pitch in where they can. As a UX designer, I really appreciate that our devs are open to spontaneous bouts of collaboration. The problems we’re trying to solve are often in uncharted territory, so working closely with developers means we can devise some very clever and effective solutions.” – Melody (Team member for 5 years)
The OpenLearning work environment is supported by a team who are committed to the following values:
- Embracing people from all walks of life – Creating an environment of mutual respect where everyone feels safe, can express their individuality, and celebrate the diversity of gender, race, sexuality, ability, age, status, beliefs, and experiences.
- Seeing the best in each other – Trusting that everyone has the best intentions and will support each other to try a personal approach, take ownership of complex tasks, make mistakes, and grow through their own unique set of experiences.
- Driven by a sense of responsibility – Being aware of how your decisions affect your team and the world, by holding yourself accountable to commitments, contributing to projects, speaking up against harmful things, and using your abilities for positive impact.
- Realising possibilities in a chaotic world – Finding opportunities in uncertainty, tackling the uncomfortable, exploring the unconventional, and questioning norms to implement clever and inventive ideas
- Enjoying the moment – Taking a fun, lighthearted and creative approach to tackling problems, generating ideas, building friendships, dispelling tensions, and boosting energy to create an enjoyable work environment.
OpenLearning values diversity of experience and background. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We strongly encourage everyone with a genuine passion for improving education to apply, even if you only meet some of the role criteria.